SHT31 Smart Gadget Development Kit
The Smart Gadget is a simple reference design circuit board and development kit which demonstrates the outstanding performance and ease of use of Sensirion’s humidity and temperature sensors.
The Smart Gadget not only shows humidity and temperature values on the display, but can also communicate with a bluetooth SMART capable device like a smartphone. For developers, full design resources of the SHT31 Smart Gadget are available on GitHub. Furthermore please find more detailed information about our Smart Gadget in the SHT31 Smart Gadget user guide.
- SHT31 humidity and temperature sensor
- LCD Display for humidity, temperature and dew Point in Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connectivity to iOS and Android smartphones
- iOS and Android apps available
- Data logging capabilities
- Complete hardware, firmware and software design resources available
The SHT31 Smart Gadget is designed to be a reference design and development kit that helps developers to kick-start their own projects with an SHT3x sensor, Bluetooth module and corresponding apps.
The design resources are published on Sensirion's GitHub page and include:
- Hardware design data (PCB layout, schematics, BOM): https://github.com/Sensirion/SmartGadget-Hardware
- Firmware for BLE module and LCD Driver, Bluetooth profile Definition: https://github.com/Sensirion/SmartGadget-Firmware
- Software code for IOS app: https://github.com/Sensirion/SmartGadget-iOS
- Software code for Android app: https://github.com/Sensirion/SmartGadget-Android
Compatible with iOS devices which support BLE: iPhone 4S and later as well as iPad 3 and later. Download the Smart Gadget App from iTunes store SMART GADGET APP.
Compatible with Android devices which support BLE: Android 5.0 and later. Download the Smart Gadget App from Google Play SMART GADGET APP.
Smart Gadget App
Humidity and Temperature App
The Sensirion Smart Gadget iOS app allows you to connect wirelessly via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to your Sensirion Smart Gadget. The app displays the current temperature and relative humidity values measured by the Sensirion SHTC1 & SHT31 sensor on the Smart Gadget.
The app helps the user to keep track of his comfort level and the integrated comfort zone visualizes the current environmental condition. Humidity and temperature are among the most relevant measures governing our health and well-being. The comfort zone can be consulted to check the personal comfort level. If needed, the environmental conditions can be adjusted to a comfortable and healthy environment which helps to reduce the risk of dehydration or heat stroke.
Additionally, the app can download logged data from the Smart Gadget. This allows the user to monitor the ambient thermal condition over time.
- Enable BLE on Smart Gadget: Press button on Smart Gadget for 1 second.
- Connect to Smart Gadget: Go to settings to see the list of Smart Gadgets available for connection. Tap on a Smart Gadget in the list to connect and view the Smart Gadget's details page. Live values are displayed in the dashboard and comfort zone views.
- Enable logging on Smart Gadget: Go to the Smart Gadget's details page to set a logging interval and enable logging. Measurement data is stored on the Smart Gadget's memory.
- Download data from Smart Gadget: Go to the Smart Gadget's details view to download and store measurement data from the Smart Gadget's memory to your mobile device. Downloaded data can be viewed in the History view.
General Hints and Information
- In the Smart Gadget details page you can enter a custom name for your Smart Gadget.
- Physical values displayed in the dashboard and history views can be chosen from humidity, temperature and dew point.
- The Smart Gadget can store up to 16'000 value pairs (RH and T) which corresponds to a duration of 4.5 hours for 1 second logging interval and 5.5 years for 3 hours logging interval.
- When the Smart Gadget's memory is full, the oldest values are simply replaced with the newest ones.
- Once enabled, logging stays active also when the BLE connection is lost or BLE is disabled on the Smart Gadget.
- Depending on the amount of data stored on your Smart Gadget, downloading may take a while (up to 10 min. for a full memory).
- Disabling logging or changing the logging interval discards the data stored on the Smart Gadget. Data which was already downloaded to your mobile device is not affected.
- Deleting the data on your mobile device takes no action on the data stored on your Smart Gadget.